it, especially against a division opponent like the | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Jun 14

OTTAWA - Cody Cecis dream of playing for his hometown NHL team has been given new life. Cristiano Ronaldo Portugal Jersey . The defenceman was originally recalled by the Ottawa Senators out of necessity, but the 19-year-olds play through three games earned him the opportunity to prove he belongs in the NHL. The Senators announced Tuesday that Cecis status had gone from an emergency recall to a regular recall and say they will carry eight defencemen for the foreseeable future. "Hes played with good poise," said Senators coach Paul MacLean. "Its good to see in a young player that hes able to come in and play that way." The Ottawa native was the hometown hero Monday night, scoring the overtime winner in a 3-2 victory over the St. Louis Blues. "It was just a great feeling for everyone," Ceci said. "Im just happy getting the first one out of the way. It was a great night." Marc Methot, also from Ottawa, says hes been impressed with Cecis composure since he was recalled from the Binghamton Senators of the American Hockey League. "Hes handled himself so well," Methot said. "Were all real happy for him and hes a bright spot on this hockey club and in the future here." Ceci seems to have a knack for scoring big goals. His two goals with Binghamton this season were overtime winners and his first goal in the Ontario Hockey League was a game winner. But there is little doubt that his first in the NHL is most special. Being given the opportunity to stay in Ottawa is like an early birthday present for Ceci, who turns 20 on Saturday. "That was my goal coming here was that I wanted to make a good impression," Ceci said. "I was just trying to go out there and work my hardest and whatever happened, happened. From here on out I have to work hard to stay here." Ceci was paired with veteran Chris Phillips at Tuesdays practice. Phillips, a player Ceci grew up watching, says he has been impressed with the rookies game and has enjoyed playing with him. "Its good to see him step in and look like he certainly belongs," Phillips said. "Hes played well. Played with confidence and its a pleasure to watch." The Senators have had their share of struggles on the blue-line this season. Too often the defence has been guilty of poor decision-making, which has often resulted in bad goals. But like the rest of the team, it seems to be showing signs of improvement. "We were making mistakes that were costing goals and being strong in our own zone has to be our job first and foremost," Phillips said. "Were supposed to be the guys that are there if there are breakdowns and not the ones causing them. I think theres been a better awareness of that lately thats helped us out." As the teams veteran defenceman, Phillips has been asked to take on a greater leadership role with the younger blue-liners. "You try and say things here and there, but for the most part you want to go out and lead by example," Phillips said. "For me to raise my game and be more accountable makes it a lot easier for them to do that." Mondays win was one of the Senators better efforts of late, but MacLean says the real test is seeing whether or not his team can do it again. "Its another test for us in the same way that it has been all year long," MacLean said. "Do it once, but can you do it twice or more often than that now." The Senators have not won back-to-back games since November 5-9, when they won three straight. The Senators take on the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday. The Devils have had their own share of problems trying to find consistency, going 3-4-0 so far through December. Methot has missed the last three games due to the flu, and while the defenceman feels hes ready to play there is a chance he could sit out Wednesdays game. "Sometimes when you win games if it aint broke dont fix it or dont change it," said MacLean. "Were going to give everyone every consideration to be in the lineup for (Tuesdays) game." Notes: D Erik Karlsson and RW Bobby Ryan were given maintenance days and both are expected to play Wednesday. Robin Lehner will get the start. Ricardo Quaresma Portugal Jersey .5 million, four-year contract with the Texas Rangers that could be worth $32. Bernardo Silva Portugal Jersey . Certainly not Monday night. George Hill took care of the early work, scoring a season-high 26 points, and Paul George closed it out by scoring 11 of his 26 points during a decisive second-half stretch that finally allowed Indiana to pull away from Minnesota 98-84 for yet another win. FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tom Brady knows it will take a while to get in sync with his rookie receivers. Meanwhile, he keeps winning. The 14-year veteran threw a 39-yard touchdown pass to one of those newcomers, hitting a wide-open Aaron Dobson on the games first series before both offences played as sloppily as the second-half weather, and the New England Patriots got by the New York Jets 13-10 on Thursday night. Thirteen of Bradys 19 completions went to veteran Julian Edelman, who knew the offence better than the three rookie wide receivers. "Its unrealistic for them to feel like they can do it like 10-year veterans. Thats not what they are," Brady said, "but theyre trying hard and they work real hard and they have a lot of skill." That applies to another rookie, Jets quarterback Geno Smith. But he completed just 15 of 35 passes for 214 yards with three fourth-quarter interceptions and was sacked four times. "Geno had his (good) moments," Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "I dont know how many balls we dropped today, but it was a bunch." The Patriots (2-0) punted 11 times and managed just nine first downs after leading the NFL in points and yards last season. Only two of their 16 possessions gained more than 22 yards, and 81 of their 232 yards -- more than a third -- came on their opening series. "We have a long way to go," said Brady, who completed 19 of 39 passes for 185 yards and one touchdown. "No one is coming to (our) rescue and save the day, so weve just got to fight through it." The Jets (1-1) cut the lead to 13-10 on Bilal Powells 3-yard touchdown run with 5:05 left in the third quarter. But Smith threw three interceptions in the fourth quarter, two to Aqib Talib and one to Alfonzo Dennard. Talibs second with 38 seconds left sealed the victory. "During that time in the game, youve got to be more mindful of the situation," Smith said. "With the costly mistakes, that was completely on me." After Talibs last interception, players from both sides scuffled and two Jets, Willie Colon and DBrickashaw Ferguson, were ejected. "I lost my temper. I lost my cool out there and we cant have it," Colon said. "I know better so it is my fault." With wide rreceiver Danny Amendola, tight end Rob Gronkowski and running back Shane Vereen all sidelined, Brady was without three of his top offensive players. Anthony Lopes Jersey. He was left with just two tight ends and four wide receivers. In the second half, the teams had to deal with a torrential downpour that started at intermission. On the 17 possessions in the first half, there were 11 punts, a lost fumble, one missed field goal, three field goals and a touchdown. The officials didnt have a very good half, either, with one touchdown by each team and a lost fumble by Edelman being overturned by video review. The only touchdown of the half came on the first series when Brady hit Dobson down the right side. It was the first reception for the second-round draft choice, who missed the opening 23-21 win over the Buffalo Bills with a hamstring injury. "We were being pretty aggressive there in a short-yardage situation and (Dobson) slid behind him and I just gave it to him. He did all the work," Brady said. "Im glad we got on the board early and got a lead. Playing ahead is always important, especially when you get (bad) weather conditions." Dobson said he and Brady practiced the play in this weeks walkthroughs. "It worked out to perfection," Dobson said. "I was wide open and I capitalized on the play." It marked the 50th straight game in which Brady has thrown a touchdown pass. Drew Brees, whose streak has ended, holds the NFL record of 54. Stephen Gostkowskis 21-yard field goal made it 10-0 before Nick Folk kicked a 37-yarder for the Jets after Smiths 9-yard pass to Clyde Gates, originally ruled a touchdown, was changed to an incompletion after the replay. Gostkowski added a 30-yarder with 5:05 left in the half, but the Patriots didnt score again. "Over the years our offence has bailed us out so many times," Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo said. "If the score is 43-42 or 3-0, well take it, especially against a division opponent like the Jets." NOTES: Patriots rookie Ryan Allen tied two team records hed prefer not to have -- 11 punts for 514 yards. ... The Patriots have won five straight games over the Jets and 18 of 23. ... Jets WR Jeremy Kerley missed the game with a concussion. Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies China NFL Hoodies China NFL JerseysChina NFL Gear ' ' '