Sara Errani was beaten 7-6 (5), 6-2 by American qualifier Lauren Davis | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Apr 17

Tucson, AZ - Stanley Johnson produced 14 points and seven rebounds as No. Minnesota Wild Jerseys . 3 Arizona kept rolling with a 87-56 decision over Utah Valley in the first-ever meeting between the programs at McKale Center. Dusan Ristic totaled 13 points and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson picked up 12 with 10 boards for the Wildcats (9-0), who continue their homestand on Saturday against Michigan. Chad Ross led the way with 12 points for the Wolverines (3-5), with Marcel Davis adding 10 in a losing cause. The Wildcats used a 12-0 run over 3 1/2 minutes of the first half to take a commanding lead. The visitors were up 16-14 at the 13:04 mark on a Jaden Jackson triple, but were in the hole 26-16 a short time later on Parker Jackson-Cartwrights steal and layup. What you realize is its not about receiving the other teams best shot, said Arizona coach Sean Miller. Its about being at our best. An alley-oop from Johnson to Kaleb Tarczewski for a dunk with 6:24 to play in the first half gave the Wildcats a 34-24 lead. Arizona took its largest lead to that point on a shot from long distance by Elliott Pitts that made it 42-28 at halftime. Arizona opened the second half on a 20-2 run, ignited by 3-pointers from Johnson and York and a dunk by York at 16:40. I thought the first 10 minutes of the second half was the best segment of the game for us. We did it on offense and defense, said Miller. Utah Valley failed to score for a seven-minute stretch of second half, falling into a deficit of 34 points at one juncture. Game Notes The win gave Arizona 27 consecutive home wins as well as 36 straight regular- season non-conference victories, the longest current streak in the nation ... Utah Valley faced its highest-ranked opponent in program history ... The Wolverines, who fell to 0-6 against top-25 teams, finished a seven-game road trip.Daniel Winnik Jersey . The stakes were higher, the competition more fierce and the atmosphere was that of a playoff game - something the young, upstart Raptors have five weeks to better prepare themselves for or the result will be eerily similar. Charlie Coyle Jersey . Messis 75th-minute goal answered some of the criticism the clubs all-time leading scorer had received for his lacklustre performances in the teams recent losses in the league, Champions League and Copa del Rey final.EASTBOURNE, England -- Victoria Azarenka was reasonably satisfied after losing her first match in more than three months, a three-setter in the first round of the Aegon Championships on Tuesday. Azarenka, the former No. 1 recovered from a left foot injury, lost 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 to Camila Giorgi of Italy after 2 hours, 46 minutes. "Thats exactly what I wanted," Azarenka said. "I wanted to have a competitive match. I wanted to test myself, to play for a long time, see how my body is going to react. "Im pretty pleased with what happened. Obviously the result is the result, but thats a beginning. Its a starting point. There are a lot of positive things that I can take from what happened today." Third seed Jelena Jankovic of Serbia was also beaten, going down 6-3, 6-3 against American Madison Keys, and second seed Petra Kvitova also struggled before beating fellow Czech Lucie Safarova 6-1, 5-7, 7-6 (4), winning the last five points to claim victory on her third match point. Giorgi had previously demonstrated her grass-court skills by reaching the fourth round at Wimbledon as a qualifier in 2012, aand she was a third-round finisher last year. Marcus Foligno Jersey. Azarenka won the first set from 4-2 down. Giorgi took a 5-0 lead in the second, saving five break points at 4-0. In the final set, Giorgi failed to serve out the match at 5-4, but broke again at 6-5 when Azarenka netted a backhand, and closed out the match at her second opportunity. Despite her defeat, Azarenka believed she was almost ready to compete again at the highest level. "I was really happy that I was there for every single moment, for every single ball," she said. "I felt that my level of concentration was really high. I just have to get into that rhythm." In other matches, former champion Ekaterina Makarova defeated Italian qualifier Francesca Schiavone 7-5, 6-3, and seventh-seeded Italian Sara Errani was beaten 7-6 (5), 6-2 by American qualifier Lauren Davis. There were also wins for sixth seed Flavia Pennetta, Slovak Daniela Hantuchova, Britains Johanna Konta and American Varvara Lepchenko. In the ATP event, seventh seed Santiago Giraldo of Colombia was beaten 6-3, 6-7 (5), 6-3 by Jarkko Nieminen of Finland. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys China China Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '