earned runs and nine hits in five innings of a 9-5 loss May 23 in Miami. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Apr 16

TORONTO – Kevin Pillar is back with the Blue Jays and hes planning on the experience being different this time. Darren Sproles Jersey . A little more than two months removed from a banishment to Triple-A after he threw a televised fit in the dugout, angry hed been pinch hit for in the eighth inning of a June 24 game versus the White Sox, Pillar spent his time with the Buffalo Bisons playing good baseball and showing the organization hed learned from his mistake. “I think it had to be more proving stuff maybe off the field. Maturity, emotionally and, yeah, I went down there and I did what I thought I was capable of doing,” said Pillar. “I was a good teammate. I tried to be a leader in the clubhouse, help that team make the playoffs.” Pillar accomplished his goals. In 100 games with Buffalo, with two recalls to the Blue Jays mixed in, he hit .323/.359/.509 with 10 home runs and 39 doubles. The key, now, is to translate his consistent minor league success into production at the big-league level. Drafted way down in the 2011 draft, the 32nd round, Pillar has had a taste of the major leagues far sooner than anyone would have expected. His next task is to prove hes a contributor at the games highest level. “I think it just comes with time and just getting comfortable, not only with myself here, with my teammates but facing the pitchers,” said Pillar. “A lot of the guys Im seeing for the first time. When youre fortunate enough to play everyday, even at the Triple-A level, you run into the same guys and youre able to establish a game plan against them.” Pillar got the call up on Monday night. He was packing his bags for Buffalos upcoming road trip and noted he was stuffing as much as possible into his suitcases in anticipation of a September call-up. The rosters expand to 40 on September 1. When Pillar arrived at Rogers Centre on Tuesday afternoon, he stopped by manager John Gibbonss office. The two needed to talk, if only briefly, to bury the hatchet. “It was mostly about the last time I was here and we moved on from it, said it was water under the bridge,” said Pillar. “We didnt really talk much about expectations and Im sure the expectation is for me to play when he tells me to, (be a) defensive replacement, pinch-run. Just go out there and help the team win.” “This is an emotional business and things happen,” said Gibbons. “You cant hold grudges and hold that against the guy. The guys a good player, he earned his right back here and we need him here because he can help us. If you punished everybody every time something went wrong or you had a disagreement or things like that, you probably couldnt field a team. Its good to have him back.” ANOTHER ENDORSEMENT FOR NORRIS On Tuesday night, pitching prospect Daniel Norris was making his fourth start since his promotion to Triple-A Buffalo. Kevin Pillar was a teammate for Norriss first three outings. Pillar offered a ringing endorsement. “Daniel Norris is as good as advertised, if not better than advertised,” said Pillar. “Hes been pretty unbelievable in his three starts. Two of his starts, hitters didnt really have much of a chance. He had a little bit of a control issue last time and he was still able to strike out nine in six innings and give up no runs. He gives our team a chance every time he goes out on the mound.” A second-round pick in the 2011 draft, Norris has shot up the food chain in 2014. He began at Single-A Dunedin, going 6-0 with a 1.22 ERA in 13 starts and making the Florida State League All-Star Game. At Double-A New Hampshire, Norris went 3-1 with a 4.54 ERA in eight starts. That was good enough for a promotion to Buffalo, where hed posted three wins and a 1.08 ERA in three starts heading into Tuesday. Norris is being considered for a spot in the Blue Jays bullpen when rosters expand on September 1. His innings will be watched, regardless, as hes thrown about 120 already on the year. Nick Foles Jersey . - The Kansas City Royals are hoping All-Star catcher Salvador Perez will be back in a few days. Brandon Graham Jersey . So heres what I do when I want to get into the baseball mood—I delve into "The Baseball Project".MILWAUKEE -- It might not matter to Giancarlo Stanton, but Miami Marlins manager Mike Redmond thinks his sluggers accomplishments are pretty special. Stanton hit his NL-leading 37th home run of the season, tying the Marlins record for career homers, and Miami beat the reeling Milwaukee Brewers 6-4 on Monday night. Stanton, who also leads the league with 105 RBIs, matched Dan Ugglas team mark with 154 homers. "I know he is not focused on personal stats," Redmond said. "That is something he can reflect on at the end of the year. I know that in conversation with him, he is trying to win ball games and help us get to the playoffs. But, that is pretty special. He has had an unbelievable year. He has been a huge part of this ballclub." Marcell Ozuna and Garrett Jones added back-to-back shots for Miami, which won consecutive games for the first time since a three-game streak from Aug. 16-19. Milwaukee lost for the 12th time in 13 games. Brad Penny (2-1) allowed two earned runs, four hits, three walks and struck out one batter in six innings -- the right-handers longest outing since Sept. 14, 2011. "I am a different guy now," Penny said. "I cant go out there and overpower hitters, and I dont need to try to." Steve Cishek pitched the ninth for his 33rd save. Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo (8-9) allowed five earned runs and nine hits in 3 2-3 innings. "He just missed spots," Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said. "Up in the zone, middle of the plate, with all of his pitches, really." The right-hander was 5-0 in his career against Miami. But he is 0-3 in his last four games after losing consecutive starts for the first time since May 3 and 9. "The ball was just up," Gallardo said. "Its been up in the zone. Thats basically it. You cant pitch at this level throwing the ball up in the zone." Miami, 8-21 in itss last 29 games against Milwaukee, kicked off a 10-game trip by scoring in each of the first three innings against Gallardo. Timmy Jernigan Jersey. Ozuna led off the second with his 20th homer, a shot that bounced high off the scoreboard in centre field, to make it 2-2. Jones followed with his 14th homer to left, giving Miami back-to-back blasts for just the second time this season and first since April 25. Stantons homer to lead off the third tied his single-season best, set in 2012, and Jones added a run-scoring double later in the inning for a 6-2 Marlins lead. "They arent playing their best as of late, I noticed," Stanton said. "We cant be the team that turns them back around." DID YOU KNOW? Pennys last victory against Milwaukee came on May 23, 2007, when he pitched for the Dodgers. MOVE OVER SHEETS Gallardo passed Ben Sheets as the Brewers career strikeout leader when he whiffed Jarrod Saltalamacchia in the second. It was Gallardos 1,207th strikeout. ROAD WARRIORS After starting the season 3-15 in its first 18 road games, Miami is 27-23 away from home. That is the second-best road record in the National League since May 14. TRAINERS ROOM Marlins: Henderson Alvarez will throw a bullpen session on Tuesday and will start on Friday if all goes well, according to Redmond. Alvarez left the game on Sept. 1 because of a left oblique strain after throwing 40 pitches. Brewers: Carlos Gomez made his first start since Aug. 31, when he sprained his left wrist on a swing in San Francisco. UP NEXT Marlins: Tom Koehler (9-9) didnt enjoy his last start against Milwaukee. The right-hander gave up seven earned runs and nine hits in five innings of a 9-5 loss May 23 in Miami. Brewers: Matt Garza (7-8) will make his second start since coming off the disabled list with a left oblique strain. He hasnt faced the Marlins since April 18, 2012, when he was with the Cubs. Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys NFL China Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '